Sunday, November 4, 2007

The results are in.....

Well, I finally got the time to run the benchmarks on the new extended battery for the Q1 Ultra. I used Battery Eater Pro 2.70

The results were interesting. The standard battery that comes with the Q1 Ultra is a 4000 mAh Li-Ion. It came in at 164 minutes (2 hrs. 43 min.). The extended battery is a 7800mAh Li-Ion battery. It came in at 332 minutes (5 hrs. 31 min.). Not bad for the extended battery. 102.4% increase in battery life at only 95% increase in battery capacity.

The tests were done on the exact same system one after the other, so even if my tweaks or overall setup differ, the relative improvement remains the same. The unit was left at 3/8 brightness and the LCD auto-dim option was turned off and the unit's power mode was set to "Always On" with no sleep or hibernate warning alarms enabled. It has 2GB RAM installed.

This first graph is the from the standard battery (4000 mAh)

The second graph is from the extended battery (7800 mAh)

No comments: